Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Quick Update

This week has had its ups and downs in Paris - Saturday night was our friend's birthday so we went out for that but I really wasn't feeling it ... Sunday was also a meh day and I was def in a funk. The weekends are hard here because we don't have any solid plans because we want to relax.

Monday however, was beautiful! After class, a few of us walked around the Luxembourg Gardens and then got a crepe and some cider at St. Michel! The weather was amazing and the sun was shining - the perfect thing to start the week off right.

Tuesday was Valentine's Day which normally is not my fave holiday, but it's hard to be grumpy in Paris. I treated myself to a pastry after class and then a group of us got vegan burgers for dinner and ate and drank wine by the Seine. So perfect! We hit up a bar and I pushed through the severe heartburn with a mojito! (Don't try this at home kids ... )

Thursday my homestay sis came back from Belgium so we caught up and had a fancy dinner in the dining room with host-fam's family friend!

Lessons learned - can't have good days everyday here in Paris because as amazing as it is - this is still real life and I am living here for 4 months.

Bises xxx,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment